Home

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

TU offering fresh produce to students.


Here's a tidbit for you-- I'm a Temple University graduate, and I love Philadelphia.

Something green and exciting I discovered today?
Temple University offers a farm market for students on the blocks of its campus in Northern Philadelphia. And North Philly is not a farm fresh-friendly place so this news made me very happy!

How cool is it to see an urban university partner with the Food Trust in promoting local farmers and providing students with healthy produce options?! Read an article on the farm market here.

I would love to hear about other colleges making green strides for student life. Please tell me if you know something!

1 comment:

  1. The University of Washington has a student garden for all year long gardening. The garden is organic too. Your posts about how rare these things are make me happy I live in Washington. :)

    ReplyDelete