Home

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A Day Late... Not Really A Buck Short

Well, so much for being negative about the possibility of losing weight. I'm down 10 pounds! This is great. Just 14 more until I reach pre-preg. (I’m down 36 from pregnancy.) I'm going to kick that 50 pounds in no time, I hope. Weight Watchers, Gym time, and Nursing are my drill. And believe me, I make sure to eat for my milk supply.Here are some of the best 'healthy' meals of the month:


Southwestern Chicken and Potato Soup
This is an altered weight watchers slow cooker recipe with chicken broth, chicken, diced tomatoes, canned corn, salsa, and sweet potatoes.


What I Call, Nursing Soup
(because it is full of veggies, protein, and carbs-- good for nursing mommies!)
It’s so easy to make!

2 lb. baked and shredded chicken, (baked in olive oil, rosemary, and garlic powder)
60 oz. msg-free chicken broth (preferably free range or organic)
1 package frozen spinach, defrosted and drained
½ package frozen string beans

¾ box Ditallini Pasta

(Bake chicken for 30-40 minutes or until juice runs clear and chicken is no longer pink in the middle.)
Boil water and cook ditallini to al dente.
When chicken and noodles are done cooking, mix all ingredients other than chicken in pot and turn on medium heat.
Shred chicken.
Add chicken to pot, heat to a boil and then lower temperature to a simmer for 20 minutes. Keep heat on low until serving or briefly reheat to serve.




Chipotle Tamale Pie
Recipe here. Next time we will not add the chipotle chiles... so I guess it will be tamale pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment