Home

Monday, January 4, 2010

My Big, Fat, (Not Greek) New Years Resolution

It's the first business day of the new year, and I suppose that means it is time to get down to my personal business for 2009 . . .

Losing Weight.

I have done the weight loss thing before-- I even lost over 50 pounds-- but a little thing called, oh, pregnancy fouled up the minus weight and packed on just about everything I lost.

I have lost just about 25 of those pregnancy pounds, and I credit that to breastfeeding and the fact that Gabe's placenta was supposedly the same size as him (Gabe was 8-7, so...).

But "it is time," as they said quite dramatically in The Lion King, to lose the rest and more. And as I sit here post Lean Cuisine lunch thinking about the left over chocolate chip oatmeal cookies in the kitchen, I know this is not going to be an easy journey.

As per my last weight loss success, I am going to be gym-happy. I need the elliptical machine-- actual running never bodes well for a girl with large breasts, and well, right now, with the nursing, I am at my wits end dealing with their giganticness. I fake-did Weight Watchers last time, but I am not sure that is going to be my plan for now. I need to just straight eat well, as in veggies, veggies, veggies. I love the color green otherwise so I should probably start loving it in my food.

My goal? To be in EXCELLENT backpacking shape by June.
What does this mean? I need to lose at least 25 pounds by June.
What is my end goal for 2009? I want to lose at least 40 pounds.
Will I do this? I have to.
Why? For my health. For my sanity. And let's just be honest, For the sake of sexual confidence!

And what is my one solace right now?? That I am not going on this quest alone. If ya'll read TheHeirToBlair, and you probably do, McFatty Mondays have started, and there are lots of post-partum Mommas taking the weight loss plunge and posting the grueling grossity of it all online for the world to read.

THIS WEEK I intend to get to that gym, put my money where my mouth is and join. I need to figure out what I am going to do about sports bras, because I very well may need to wear 7 at once in order NOT to offend other gym go-ers. And the husband and I are going to be stocking the fridge with healthy food.

I shall call this week the 'establishment' week. No weight loss expected, but the serious lifestyle swing is to get going.

So there's my entry to kick my McFat Butt into gear.
Time to shine.

4 comments:

  1. Hey! You sound like my kind of girl. I'm doing the McFatty Mondays also, even though I got fat on my own without a baby to show for it. I'm 24 and trying to lose weight to go backpacking across Spain.

    Best of luck to you... you did it once before so obviously you've got the gusto it takes to lose them again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it Erin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! And I just realized I wrote 2009 rather than 2010... Momma Brain in action!

    ReplyDelete